Tuesday, October 26, 2010

dream a dream




When I think about the fact that I'm already a junior in college I almost can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was nervous about going to my first day and meeting professors. My experience here has been nothing short of exceptional. I've met people from all over the world; students from everywhere, professors with cultured experiences and so many people that SCAD brings in to talk with students (Can you say meeting Zahi Hawass in person?)

Since this is the first blog I've ever had and I plan on keeping it updated, I'm just going to say how I plan on structuring it. The first part of it is going to be recent art: finished, sketches, ideas, concepts, anything I've been thinking about lately. And next will be glimpses into my mind. Beware!

This year has been what I will call my official introduction into the world of Illustration. I've been learning about self promotion, opportunities that are available, about what's current, what's hot, what's important. I got to meet some very influential people, whom many of you may know: Chris Sickels [http://rednosestudio.com/], Christoph Niemann [http://www.christophniemann.com/] , Anita Kunz [http://www.anitakunz.com/] and Yuko Shimizu [http://www.yukoart.com/].

I'm more in love with life now than I've ever been. I'm learning, working hard and feel that everything is heading in the right direction.

Right now, I'm trying to develop my style and I'm drawing people more often in an attempt to capture that essence that is in every pair of eyes. My sketchbook is packed with patterns and designs. For some reason, I can never get them out of my head! I'll post them soon when my scanner feels like working again.

I'm really looking forward to the winter break. Why? I'm going to be building my website [official!] and I have a personal project that has been bouncing around in my head. ;) But we'll get to that when I can reveal more images.

Thanks for viewing! Have a great day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment